What with Freebie of the Week and now this, Loucifer Speaks seems to be spawning new features left, right and centre at the moment. This can only be a good thing, surely!
Metalhead of the Month is exactly what it says on the tin – each month, Loucifer Speaks will feature a short, yet sweet interview with a different metalhead. The questions will remain more or less the same, but I have the feeling that we will find ourselves with some supremely diverse answers. I will be choosing Metalheads via the Loucifer Speaks forum, our Facebook page, our Twitter page and our Google+ page. Basically, if I’ve had a little chat with you and I think you’re interesting, I will ask you if you want to take part in this.
Below you will find our first Metalhead of the Month. Why is Simon the first? Well, he helped me to come up with the idea. So, credit where credit’s due! THANKS DUDE!!!
Metalhead of the Month: The Simon Interview
1. Which band first got you into metal?
Was a mix of Guns N’ Roses, AC/DC and Metallica.
2. What was the first metal gig you ever went to?
A Few unsigned bands but first main gig I went to was Iron Maiden!!!!
3. What are your Top 5 albums of all time?
Nine Inch Nails: “Beside You in Time”
Nine Days Down: “A Sign of Things to Come”
Slayer: “Seasons in the Abyss”
4. What are your Top 5 albums of 2011 so far?
Due to health reasons not bought much music this year.
5. What is the most embarrassing CD / MP3 in your music collection?
None off the top of my head…..
6. Do you prefer CDs, MP3s or vinyl?
7. Can you play an instrument? If so, what?
No… No musical talent whatsoever!
8. Are you in a band?
9. What’s the ‘metal scene’ like in your area? Where are you from? (Just a rough area will do… don’t need your full address, unless you want some new stalkers!)
10. Which bands should we all be listening to? Please feel free to provide links!
Near Death Experiment: facebook.com/pages/NEAR-DEATH-EXPERIMENT/7297912655
Hollow Demise: facebook.com/pages/Hollow-Demise/189727174410770
Unnatural Selection: facebook.com/pages/Unnatural-Selection/117125891659199
11. Which metal track should replace the national anthem?
“Genius” by Pitchshifter
12. Who is the best band on the planet?
Static X atm… Just Awesome!!!!
13. Who is the worst band on the planet?
Where to start…. most so called ‘pop’ music…and so-called hip-hop….
14. What was the last gig you went to?
Gregorian and other bands at a venue in London.
15. What gig are you planning to go to next?
Ideally, Rammstein and/or Machine Head!
16. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I’m awesome… prepare for our masters the Penguins to take there rightful place as masters of the universe.
Powered by Max Banner Ads
Well, this little beauty has been running for a while now, so I thought I’d give you all a little bit of an update. If you missed the original post, click here to read it and get up to speed.
Basically, what we’re trying to do here is to create THE definitive list of songs to headbang to.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the list so far – you’re awesome!
Here is the list as it stands at the moment (in no particular order):
Fleshgod Apocalypse – Abyssal
Hail of Bullets – Ordered Eastward
The Monolith Deathcult – Master of The Bryansk Forest
Blood Red Throne – Smite
Witchery – Witchkreig
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
Slipknot – (SIC) suggested by kNotOfGod on Twitter
W.A.S.P – Chainsaw Charlie
Judas Priest – Painkiller
Megadeth – Hangar 18
Levellers – Liberty Song
At The Gates – Captor of Sin
Nuclear Assault – After the Holocaust
Dissection – Night’s Blood
Immortal – Solarfall
Slayer – Postmortem/Raining Blood
Emperor – Thus Spake the Nightspirit
The entire Panzer Division album by Marduk
…and PennDragonArt on Twitter suggested these bands: AC/DC, KISS and Stone Sour.
Is your favourite track on the list? Do you disagree with the list entirely? Let us know! Just drop us a comment below, send a Tweet to @LouciferSpeaks, leave us a comment on Facebook or reply to this thread on the forum.